Customer Oriented Process Management and Innovation
Friday, November 15, 2019
Within de Volksbank, a Dutch retail bank, process oriented management has been introduced by means of a BPM initiative: a combination of agile work methods, intensive process and risk management workshop. All the bank’s processes are redesigned, process ownership implemented and continuous improvement realized.
Realization took place by a combination of process design, change management and process monitoring. The process maturity grows from level 1 to 3 (on a 5 point scale). Process optimization approach like lean and process mining are implemented within the bank, and will be shown.
Value streams are defined and managed both from a customer orientation (service guarantees) and stakeholder orientation (performance guarantees). Customer journeys, customer effort scores are the basis for design and performance enhancements. Innovation such as robotics and process mining support realization of both customer and stakeholder targets.
The approach, results, dashboards, etc. will be presented. And also some practical examples and lessons learned will be shown.
• Customer orientation: voice of the customer as starting point for process performance.
• Practical approach of value stream management
• Examples of methods, techniques and tools, e.g. robotics and process mining
- Show practical results based on sound concept
- Technology is a precondition, not a goal
- Success factor is mix of design, change management and monitoring