Concept Modeling: Smarter Data Design and Much More
Monday, November 11, 2019
Diplomat Ballroom 3
Data is central to virtually every aspect of business, digital or otherwise. Traditional data design techniques have proven inadequate to current challenges. And they are neither business-friendly nor business-analyst-friendly. The issue that nags at many professionals remains how to get at the deep knowledge in business people’s heads, and lay it out for validation and reference.
Business knowledge is more complicated – far richer – than most realize. It requires a blueprint, which must be engineered conceptually. Concept models provide the answer. And they are leading the way in addressing a host of digital-era-problems – all the way from standardizing vocabulary and eliminating silos to machine learning.
How do you create a concept model? What techniques do you need to know? This hands-on session will equip you for data design – and to engineer better business capabilities in ways you never knew possible. Come ready to dig in!
- What a concept model is and what it can be used for
- How to use a concept model for standardizing business vocabulary
- Why ambiguities arise in business communication and how they are resolved
- How business analysts can lead the way in avoiding pitfalls in data design
- How to use a concept model to achieve clarity and precision
Attendees will receive a complimentary copy of the newly released book Business Knowledge Blueprints: Enabling Your Data to Speak the Language of the Business