Start With "Why": Your Strategic BA Toolkit
Monday, April 15, 2024
Imagine the scene: You’re parachuted into a change initiative and everyone is arguing. There’s no agreement on scope, yet somehow over a thousand user stories have been written. Alongside those user stories, there are countless Business Requirements Documents (BRDs), diagrams and other artifacts… but nobody seems to be able to agree on the overall direction being pursued.
This is an example of an initiative that has lost sight of its “why”. Luckily, it’s a fictional example, but perhaps you’ve experienced something similar. If you have, then this session is for you.
In this practical and hands-on session, you’ll hear about the importance of defining, refining and keeping the “why” firmly in mind throughout the business change or product lifecycle. You’ll hear how strategic business analysis starts at the beginning of an initiative, but continues throughout.
During this session you’ll hear techniques for:
- Analyzing the strategic context/environment
- Understanding different stakeholders’ perspectives, finding out where perspectives conflict and considering how to gain agreement
- Analyzing and defining problems, understanding root causes and desired outcomes
- Crystallizing all of this into a clear “why” that can be used to help ensure there is a shared understanding
- During this hands-on workshop, you’ll have the chance to practice relevant techniques. You’ll walk away with a practical and applicable toolkit that you can apply in your day job.