Creatively Moving Crazy Ideas to Innovation with Design Thinking
Wednesday, Nov 13, 2019
Responding to the challenges of the 21st century requires people to be creative, innovative and adaptable, with the motivation, confidence and skills to use creative thinking purposefully. Every great idea seems obvious. But how can you be the genius who comes up with those ideas? Do you wish you could apply creative and design thinking at work to try things that have never been done before – better meet your customers’ needs, or solve problems holding your company back?
This interactive session packed with creative exercises/challenges will show you how to look at same information as everyone else, but see something different. It expounds on the idea of innovation with design thinking. Oluwabori will share how his organisation has unleashed creativity and innovation by fostering a culture where people are open to failing fast and learning from it, where feedback is desired early as possible, solutions for an important problem are tested repeatedly via experiments before investments are made using data and evidence and not opinion.
- Generate out-of-the box ideas by using proven creative thinking strategies
- Apply Design Thinking to identify and choose opportunities that enable innovation, solving real problems
- Question assumptions and explore alternative solutions that are beyond any preconceived limitations
- Use Design Sprints to help generate and test new ideas quickly
- Minimise debate around investments by using confident data and evidence as basis for decisions
- Understand reasons why teams may lack creativity in organizations and how to overcome them