Business Rules… Business Owned: A Decision Automation Journey
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
This case study explores how we increased business agility by empowering the business to manage their own rules and decisions. We’ll explore our journey, discuss common mistakes and lessons learned. We’ll share with you the 3 simple rules that enabled us to move from business rules being buried in complex code, scattered documents and the more valuable rules from employee brains: to rules being centralized , automated and mostly importantly being owned by the business people accountable for them.
We’ll focus on our approach to standards, governance and enterprise sustainability. As well as discuss how we engaged the business to document the rules, build a concept model and take hands on ownership for testing and sign off of the rules.
- Business Agility through Business Empowerment
- Implementing Enterprise Level Decision Automation
- Enabling business ownership of decisions
- How to build business driven rules
- Decision implementation standards and process
- Technology and business ownership perspective