- AI & BotsA new era of computing dawned this decade, first with IBM Watson winning at Jeopardy and more recently with Google DeepMind winning at Go, the Chinese game of strategy. These breakthroughs have been enabled by the availability of massive volumes of data, new computing architectures, and new algorithms for human-like speech recognition, conversation, vision, and emotion detection. Along with robotic process automation (RPA), AI and bots will transform industries and massively augment human expertise. Demystify the technology. Cut through the hype. Hear what world experts have to say about bringing these tools into your professional toolkit on a workable basis, and using them to build new business capability.
- Analysis & DesignIn a business context of ever-faster change, creative approaches to business analysis are critical. Design thinking, gamification, and product management techniques increasingly reflect a more customer-focused approach. Join this Track to learn about emerging methods, as well as about emerging improvements to existing approaches. Learn how you can leverage what others have learned to model and design more effective and innovative business solutions.
- Business AgilityMany organizations seem to be caught up in a never-ending stream of transformations occurring one on top of another. Just continually fixing things is straining organizations to the breaking point. How can we work more effectively? The business transformation we really need is to enable ourselves to continually change more easily and quickly – going way beyond just the next fix or the next release. Continuous change requires mechanisms to become inherently more adaptable, as agile as the markets we serve. For that you’ll need more flexible organization charts. You’ll also need to be able to reconfigure business solutions on demand, as well as perform comprehensive, high-fidelity impact assessment. This Track covers all that and more.
- Cultivating InnovationInnovation has been defined as bringing to market those products, services and design features that everyone realizes they needed but only after they saw them. Our challenge in becoming innovative is not simply to ask what markets, customers and users would like to have, but to generate new insights, then quickly filter them to those worthy of being pursued further. Rather than just gathering known requirements, professionals should play a proactive role in ideation, whether for new policies, organizations, roles, system features, or complete business solutions. This Track shares the experience of leaders who have mastered critical aspects of innovation
- Data & Business AnalyticsNowadays challenges with modeling, managing and analyzing data are on almost every professional’s plate. You can ill-afford to be unfamiliar with the related tools and techniques. And as data proliferates, new challenges and opportunities are emerging. Staying competitive means committing to data-driven decision making. Business analytics can provide invaluable insights but poorly coordinated efforts can easily disappoint. Today data is ubiquitous, complex, unstructured, and fast-moving. How can you harness it effectively? This Track ensures you’re up to speed.
- DecisionCAMPDecision management is rapidly becoming the critical methodological and technological framework to support decision-making approaches across a wide range of industries. Nowadays business analysts, architects, developers and decision makers at all levels actively use decision management techniques and technologies such asbusiness rules, business decision modeling, decision testing and execution, predictive and prescriptive analytics, decision optimization, and more. Operational business rules and decision management systems integrate traditional business processes, business rules, advanced analytics, events, and more – directing them all to a common goal – better business decisions. The DecisionCAMP Track features state-of-the-art sessions by leading authorities and practitioners in the area.
- Digital FluencyOrganizations need to fully embrace digitalization in order to innovate new and more powerful digital capabilities across their ecosystems. Digital requires a different strategy, one focusing on creativity, experimentation and end-to-end experience. How exactly is digital business different? Digital business capabilities need to be tackled in the context of an omni-channel world that can involve human and robotic agents, AI, and business analytics. You’ll need to think in terms of new or alternative business models and value propositions. High-quality, integrated data is a must; traceable and explainable results a big plus. Don’t get left behind! Find out about the latest in this Track.
- Enterprise Architecture SummitVarious forms of Enterprise Architecture (EA) have been with us for decades. Applied properly, thought leaders in the space have always seen EA as a strategic weapon. Unfortunately, in many organizations EA is treated as a means to sort out technology strategies and designs in isolation from business needs. These shortcomings are being corrected by Business Architecture, value streams, business capabilities, and flexible design approaches enabling a more aligned business IT approach. New technologies are emerging rapidly creating new business possibilities. How can you keep everything aligned and build potent, adaptable business platforms? This Track highlights what world-class experts and practitioners have learned about applied EA practices.
- Enterprise DesignAre you wrestling with how to (re)design your business or business capabilities? Looking for fresh ideas about how to coordinate human-centric service design, information management, and enterprise architecture – all at scale? Exploring how you can be truly customer-centric across the board? Design thinking, with its emphasis on empathy, ideation, prototyping, and iteration, can assist, but it needs to fit effectively in the bigger picture. And what about the imperative for spontaneous at-time-of-delivery configuration in service design? Today you face seemingly intractable business and professional challenges. Big challenges require fresh solutions. This Track explores them.
- High-Impact TechniquesA wide range of techniques is available to help professionals do their jobs. Knowing which techniques have proven best-in-class is key in leading your organization toward business excellence. Hear what practitioners who have mastered the techniques have to say and find out which techniques can help you leap ahead. This Track engages attendees in critical assessment of available techniques, related practices, and their applied results.
- Leadership & Interpersonal SkillsLeadership is about influencing a group of people to share in the reach for some common goal(s). Strong, effective leaders are required at all levels of an organization not only to articulate the goals to be accomplished, but to encourage and lead the group to success. Much of what we do in our professional careers is built on the interpersonal skills and relationships we forge. In this Track, industry experts and seasoned practitioners reveal tricks and tips for mastering and applying the leadership and interpersonal skills you need for success.
- Owning the ProductThe importance of product ownership is expanding due to new development methodologies, big data, advanced technologies, the way today’s consumers make purchases, and more. A focus on better customer experience and better product design is essential to gain and sustain competitive advantage. Today’s approaches for determining product features and designing products require stronger collaboration, closer team work, and an iterative process built on constant feedback. What is our role as practitioners in owning the product? How do we become the proxy for our business users and make game-changing decisions on their behalf? This Track will show you how.
- Practitioners ToolboxTo meet today’s imperative for building better business capability you must draw from a deep, innovative toolbox – the best tools and techniques the industry has to offer. Some items in the toolbox will be methodological, some purely software, but many will be clever hybrids. What they all have in common is the drive for more creative and innovative solutions – to push the envelope of what is possible and to empower their users with fresh, pragmatic solutions to common-place challenges. Hear what world-class professionals have achieved using special items in their own toolbox and explore how you can leverage them for your organization.
- Realizing Business StrategyThe business ecosystem of most organizations is changing faster than our ability to come up with new ideas. The challenge we face is to translate our strategy into actionable programs, then deliver on them fast enough. This Track focuses on designing new business models and modifying operating models – turning strategy and architecture into action. How can you communicate the intent of business strategy to those charged with making it come alive? How are organizations actually realizing strategy in operations? Learn about critical how-to in case studies featuring professionals who have made it happen.
- Tomorrow’s ProfessionalThe world around us continues to change at an ever-increasing pace. It demands a new set of competencies at a more strategic level, as well as specialized skills in new and evolving niches. Today’s practitioners are expected to be more nimble, to work within shorter and faster delivery cycles, and to possess higher cognitive capabilities and social intelligence – all the while staying abreast of fast-paced changes in technology. In this Track learn how you can best shape and achieve your aspirations by forging a professional path you’ll find fulfilling and always in-demand
Discover the value agile brings to business analysis. Join us for the Agile Business Analysis Xchange at BBC. The Agile Business Analysis Xchange will bring you the latest learning, engagement opportunities and tools to help you drive change using agile approaches.
While it seems that everyone has an interest in Business Architecture, there is a wide range of ideas about what it should look like. This exciting trail emphasizes that Business drives Architecture and offers a unique opportunity to hear real-world practitioners discuss what they have accomplished and how they did it.
Business Process Forum focuses on the bottom line issue of enhancing the capability of process practitioners and business managers to better deliver improved business performance. An enterprise has lots of moving parts and the use of process models as alignment mechanisms is critical to any business improvement project.
Business Rules & Decisions Forum offers a unique opportunity to hear from real-world practitioners about what they have accomplished and how they did it. All the foremost thought-leaders in the field will be there. Find out how your organization can come to grips with rapid change, massive customization, and complex business logic in a truly scalable, traceable, manageable manner.